Jane Benson, LCSW specializes in EMDR Therapy at Vet Center. She is an EMDRIA-Certified EMDR Therapist.
Specialties: Trauma and PTSD, Depression, Panic Disorder, Readjustment to civilian life issues and problems
Serving: Children, Adolescents, Adults and Elders through Individual, Couples, Family and Group Therapies at the Vet Center in San Diego
Modalities: EMDR Therapy at Vet Center
Insurance: The Vet Center provides counseling (and outreach and referral) services free of charge to eligible veterans and their family members. Eligible are war zone deployment, sexual harassment/ assault while on active duty, personnel 90 days or closer to discharge, bereavement issues for significant others of KIA’s (Afghanistan and Iraq).
License: #LCS 17974
San Diego Vet Center
Who we serve:
- Those who have served in any combat zone.
- Those who experienced sexual trauma or harassment whole in active duty.
- Bereavement counseling is offered to parents, siblings, spouses and children of Armed Forces personnel who died in a service to their country.
Vet Centers are in your community to help you and your family with readjustment counseling and outreach services.
What is readjustment counseling?
Readjustment counseling includes a wide range of psycho-social services offered to eligible Veterans and their families in the effort to make a successful transition from military to civilian life. They include:
- Individual and group counseling for Veterans and their families
- Family counseling for military-related issues
- Military sexual trauma counseling and referral
- Outreach and education including PDHRA, community events, etc.
- Substance abuse assessment and referral
- Employment assessment and referral
- VBA benefits explanation and referral
- Screening & referral for medical issues including TBI, depression, etc.
You’ve earned these benefits and there is no cost to you or your family members.
Our Staff: Staffed by small multi-disciplinary team of dedicated providers, many of whom are combat Veterans themselves. We strive to help you make a successful transition to civilian life.
To ask about EMDR Therapy at Vet Center, or other forms of treatment, please call today: