We just upgraded our EMDR Therapist Directory called ComprehensiveTherapyApproach.com. See how it is being received!
“I like the layout and how colorful and appealing the images are. The navigation is better.” Susan Goodell, LMFT, EAC
“I want to compliment you for how you advertise EMDR. I hear this from so many people! A therapist found our site for his daughter and was very impressed.”
“Wow, beautiful! It’s well organized — all right there. The icons are nice. If I’m totally stressed, the colors are soothing together. It’s nice that the Issues are listed. It gives a peaceful sense of what it’s about.” Bernadette Talia, LCSW, EAC
Our SEO expert reports that people spend an average of 3 minutes on our EMDR Therapist Directory. This is WAY higher than average, and indicates that people are getting their needs met at the site.
A client’s email regarding our September 2014 EMDR Therapist Directory upgrade:
“I had an opportunity to view the new EMDR Therapist web directory and I think it is very well designed. It is well organized and the layout is easy to follow…not overwhelming.I love the Home page. Just by viewing it, alone, a viewer can gather a lot of information on EMDR Therapy, and how it may benefit them. If a viewer chooses to gather additional information, everything is present for them right there, and only requires a click of the mouse. I love the colors and think they go together well. They are calming and soothing. The messages and visual imagery presented on the page offer hope.“I’m so excited and grateful about the videos, especially the one about fruit [salad trees] and EMDR Therapy. I needed help. Talk therapy was making me so freaked out. That video made me willing to try EMDR.”T.H., teacher and mother of four
“I got 4 referrals in the first month from ComprehensiveTherapyApproach.com by offering a $25 discount offer on the first session to people who printed out my profile page. I was so excited about the site that I showed all my clients the educational aspects of the site. They told their friends and that’s how I got four new clients.” Nancy Deutsch, LCSW
EMDR Client Testimonials
I tried EMDR for the first time when I needed help preparing for upcoming job interviews. In the past, my anxiety level would be so high that I wasn’t even able to prepare well for interviews, much less do well during the actual interviews. I felt I couldn’t think on my feet when asked a question. After just one session with a professional EMDR therapist, I found that my fear of interviewing had somehow simply evaporated. I interviewed for two positions within two weeks of my EMDR session, and I found to my amazement that I felt relaxed and confident. I was even joking with the interviewers, and I’ve never done that before. Both companies made me offers, and I accepted the one that was my dream job. I’m certainly impressed with EMDR’s results! – RB, San Diego
Recovery from Catastrophic Trauma
On 9/22/04 I was attacked by my ex-husband with a butcher knife. He attempted to kill me. I escaped to safety with my 5 month old baby, who was unharmed. I was stabbed 7 times. I suffered from PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), flashbacks, nightmares, guilt, shame, low self-esteem and no confidence. On top of this, I was a very angry person. On 7/11/06 I was referred by ParentCare to an EMDR therapist, who has helped me tremendously. I have more confidence and higher self-esteem. I no longer suffer from terrible nightmares or frightening flashbacks. The trauma doesn’t haunt me today (11/8/06). I have found closure to the incident. EMDR helped me to be a lot more calm and centered. I have a lot more hope. I am now in control of my life and no longer am controlled by this traumatic night. If one word describes EMDR, it’s “amazing.” – ST, Spring Valley
Post-EMDR Comments by WP of San Diego, CA
• Positive attitude change! Mental dialogue has gone from self-criticism and feeling sorry for myself to having a positive mental dialogue and honoring myself and giving myself praise more and not being as easily angered anymore. Less affected by people’s “attitudes”. I feel like I don’t even have to TRY to change my mental dialogue now. It’s automatic, which is further confirmation for me this change is real.
• After a conversation with someone, for example, I no longer REPLAY the whole thing and wonder if every little word I said was ok
• Not feeling responsible or guilty if someone is unhappy around me when it has nothing to do with me . . . differentiated.*
• If angry about something, I don’t feel like I get as angry nor STAY angry for nearly as long
• Feeling like the past is truly the past now, like I understand it as though it was long ago. It’s over and I’m ok now.
• Feeling empathy and understanding towards people. Even people who have hurt me in the past. For example, anger towards parents has shifted from feeling like a victim to a more empathetic and caring attitude because I can understand the bigger picture from an objective standpoint.
• Don’t take things personally because I know who I am and am confident about it.
• I want to take care of myself and use my body and life to the fullest
• Never have those common little “suicidal” thoughts. I would never kill myself for any reason. Too much to look forward to. I know I always have options. And options look fun to me now and not so difficult.
*Publisher’s Note: “differentiated” means to know clearly who you are as different from other people, and to be able to be your own true self, even while under pressure from others.
NOTE: Specific results will vary from person to person. Speed of healing for single event traumas has been demonstrated by research to take one to three 90 minute sessions for 80-90% of clients. Those who have an early history of trauma, abuse or neglect will take correspondingly longer to heal than those recovering from a single event trauma. But clients and therapists alike report that healing through EMDR is more rapid than traditional approaches to talk therapy.
For those who cannot find an EMDR Therapist or Approved Consultant through our directory, you are welcome to visit the